Monday, May 2, 2011

Subjective Shot - The Beginning

Well here it is, the first post of Subjective Shot. And I have to say, I'm very excited about this. I like to indulge myself in projects, such as my youtube accounts, so this is another thing I'm going to really enjoy doing.

Movies have held a special place in my heart ever since I was an adorable little chubby girl. I love how they are an escape from reality; you might be hearing me say that a lot. But that is just because I really do believe that. Movies are a way for us to back away from the stresses of real life and indulge in someone else's. We live in their story and cry or laugh with them. We are so sucked into their life story that by the time the credits appear on the screen we have to blink back into reality.

This is why I have dedicated my life to film. It's what I want to do when I'm out of college in a couple of years (ahh, getting so close now), and this is something I've been passionate about since the beginning of high school.

Sure I'm only 19 years-old. That might turn you off from my writing. Yeah I'm not as skilled as some but I put a lot of thought into what I write and I watch movies with intensity. I'm one of those people you go to the theater with who sits in complete silence the whole time, while sending glares to the people who talk. Maybe I'll chuck a piece of popcorn at the 'Noiseys' (my special word). It's only because I like to immerse myself in what is going on, and I let it impact me. It's a whole other world that you get to be a part of.

I hope to one day bring this kind of joy to others. I would love to be an editor or writer, but the possibilities are endless. I'm in my junior year at Central Michigan University with a Broadcasting and Cinematic Arts major. I'm in CMU's TV station and a film group. I have two youtube accounts that I update as much as possible and this summer I'm also starting another account for me and my friend to post short films on. Needless to say, I'm trying to get as much experience in as I can.

Not going to lie, the future scares me. I hear almost everyday how hard this business is to get into. But I'm putting down a determined foot and I'm going to go for it and see where these skills that I've been blessed with leads me.

Although in a couple of years I could be across the country doing God knows what, right now I'm still enjoying being a struggling college student. This blog is something I've thought about for a while now. It's inspired by my sister's, A Literary Odyssey, where she reviews a list of classic novels. It's a project she loves doing because books are her passion. Well, Subjective Shot is a link between two of my loves: film and writing.

Why Subjective Shot? Kind of a cheesy title, right? Thats okay, I am a fan of cheese (as you will find out when I start to review cheesy romance movies). But anyways, I am a minor in Media Design, and last semester I took a graphic design class. Our last project was to compile all of the things we had created into a booklet and title it. I titled it Subjective Shot. Because a subjective shot is a shot where the audience sees what the character is seeing. It's like being them yourself and that brings the cinematography to a whole new level. That related to my project because I was allowing people in through my eyes to see what I created and why.

This is my creation for you. This blog is my camera and you are my audience. You are going to see my thoughts through my eyes.

I dream of one day touching someone's heart with a movie that I make, but as of right now, hopefully I can make a difference through this.

:)


No comments:

Post a Comment